Following a consultation on proposed changes to parking arrangements on the Isle of Wight, the council has agreed a number of changes which includes increasing tariffs on the Island for the first time in six years.
- Changes to parking tariffs – not all charges have increased.
- Plans for charges to be extended to 8pm dropped.
- Parking charges at leisure centres – free for One Card holders and plans underway for free parking for pre-booked swimming lesson. Free parking will remain for all at weekends.
- Appley and Puckpool – charges reintroduced.
- Moa Place Freshwater – council to consult with parish council before free half hour parking is removed.
- Charges in some previously free car parks – first hour still free in Carisbrooke and Wootton.
- Parking permits – unlimited parking in council car parks from as little as 41p per day.