Access Licence

How to cancel an Access License

Notification of sale of property

If you are selling your home or business and an access licensed has been granted please let us know:

  • The owner (Licensee) must, within one month following the sale, give written notice to the Council to terminate the Licence and provide details of the new owner.  
  • Please click here to notify us using the online send a message to service form.

  • A refund will be given for every full calendar month paid in advance providing that the required written notice has been received.  Part months will not be refunded.  


Access no longer wanted

  • Please click here to use the online send a message to service form, to notify us that the access is no longer wanted.  
  • Please state clearly on the contact form that you no longer want to use the access nor enter into an Access Licence Agreement.
  • Once you have confirmation from us that the Access Licence Agreement has been terminated you will need to close off the access so it can no longer be used. 
  • If, after a reasonable timeframe, the access has not been closed off, then the Isle of Wight Council will be forced to block off the access because it could pose a risk to the anyone using the access, other car park users or their property. Please note: this may incur a cost.