Large Scale Events
Large Events – Isle of Wight County Council Act
The Isle of Wight County Council Act requires organisers of events to give at least four months notice of the event if more than 5,000 people will be permitted to attend.
Notice of an event must be given in writing to the Licensing Department and should be accompanied by: ·
- Purpose of the intended event e.g. music festival.
- Day(s) on which the intended event will be held.
- Duration of the intended event.
- Time(s) during which the intended event will be held.
- Location and limits of the site where the intended event is to be held.
- Maximum number of people attending the intended event.
- Copy of an event safety plan or operating schedule.
- Plan of the site.
Events which require notification under the Isle of Wight Act are likely to be discussed by the Safety Advisory Group.
No fee is payable.
Apply on Line
Applications can be made online on the council’s website.
Further information can be found in the guidance document here.
For clarification contact the Licensing Department by phone or email using the details in the 'Contact' tab above.