Licensing Fees and Charges
In general all licence applications require an application fee and in circumstances where the licence runs for a number of consecutive years, an annual fee will also be due on the anniversary of date each licence is issued.
The application and annual fees relating to the licences required under the Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005 are set by legislation. All other fees are set by the Council and are reviewed on an annual basis. The fee covers the cost of the administration and consultation process, equipment and the enforcement of the licence.
Failure to pay the required fee will result in the application not being processed. In some circumstances where an annually fee is not paid, the licence can be withdrawn or suspended until payment has been received.
A list of the Council’s licence fees can be viewed below:
- Licensing Act Fees (PDF, 98KB, 1 page).
- Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Fees (PDF, 72KB, 1 page).
- Street Trading Fees (PDF, 86KB, 1 page).
- Gambling Fees (PDF, 49KB, 1 page).
- Animals and Other Fees (PDF, 97KB, 1 page).
- Animal Activity Licence Fees (PDF, 403KB, 1 page)
For further clarification please contact the Licensing Department by phone or email using the details in the 'Contact' tab above.