Isle of Wight Council

Trading Standards - Consumer Advice

Frequently Asked Questions for this Service

Question: I have bought defective goods or services, How do I complain?

Answer: The Trading Standards Service is no longer able to provide advice on civil issues.

Consumer Advice is available from the helpline 0808 223 1133 (this is a free phone number) or on their web page at supplied by Citizens Advice Bureau. They offer practical advice on all kinds of consumer issues from problems with cars to faulty household appliances.

The Trading Standards Service is notified of all the advice that the helpline provides relating to an Island consumer or business. If they believe the enquiry should be referred for further action e.g. the complaint is of a criminal nature, the case will be referred to us where an Officer will respond.

All emails will be monitored by an officer and where appropriate a response will be sent within 5 working days.

- Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?