European Parliamentary Election - May 2019
The next European Parliamentary Election will be held across Europe from 23 - 26 May 2019. In the UK, Polling Day will be Thursday 23 May 2019 with Polling Stations being open from 7:00am to 10:00pm. If you are registered as an elector you will receive your Poll Card by the end of April.
The Poll and declaration of results for the South East of England will be administered by the Regional Returning Officer, Mark Heath who is also the Local Returning Officer for the Southampton Area.
MEPs are elected under a proportional representation system. In the UK you have one vote to elect all of your MEPs. Each party puts forward a list of candidates called a 'regional list' and you vote for one of these lists or for an independent candidate.
The parties are then allocated a number of MEPs according to their share of the vote.
In order to vote you need to be registered as an elector - view details on how to register.
Key dates to remember:
Last date for voter registration – Tuesday 7 May
Last date for receipt of postal applications – 5pm, Wednesday 8 May
Last date for receipt of proxy vote applications – 5pm, Wednesday 15 May
Please use the link below to view the Official Notices for this election:
- Notice of Election - European Parliamentary (PDF, 1 page, 86Kb)
- Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll - European Parliamentary (PDF, 2 pages, 81Kb)
- Notice of Election Agents - European Parliamentary (PDF, 1 page, 204Kb)
- Notice of Situation of Polling Stations - European Parliamentary (PDF, 1 page, 90Kb)
- Statement as to the result of verification of ballot paper accounts in the European Elections 2019 (PDF, 1 page, 151Kb)
- South East regional statement as to the result of verification of ballot paper accounts in the European Elections 2019 (PDF, 2 pages, 38.1Kb)
- Isle of Wight Declaration of result in European Parliamentary Elections 2019 (PDF, 1 page, 36.5Kb)