Frequently Asked Questions for this Service

Question: How will Brexit affect my business?

Answer: The Government is continuing to publish information to help businesses prepare for Brexit. This is being updated regularly, and businesses seeking advice are recommended to visit the Government website to find out more. - Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?

Question: How can EU nationals register to remain in the UK after Brexit?

Answer: The EU Settlement Scheme allows European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizens to continue to live, work and study in the UK without any immigration time restrictions after the UK leaves the European Union. This will mean you can continue living in the UK after 31 December 2020 and you will have until 30 June 2021 to apply for either settled or pre-settled status.

A checking service is being offered for residents who are required to go through the Home Office EU settlement scheme process. Under the checking service, the Isle of Wight Council’s registrar team will be supporting EU, EEA and Swiss citizens complete the digital identity verification part of the process. - Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?

Question: How will I get medicines after Brexit?

Answer: The government is working closely with the NHS and suppliers to help to ensure medicines and medical products continue to be available for patients if there is a ‘no deal’ Brexit. Please keep ordering your repeat prescriptions and taking your medicines as normal. It is unnecessary to change how you order and take your medicines. If you are concerned, speak to your doctor or pharmacist for advice. - Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?

Question: How will trading with the Isle of Wight Council be affected by Brexit?

Answer: If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, the public procurement regulations will remain broadly unchanged after Brexit. If you are already contracted to provide goods or services to the council, in most cases nothing will change. If you are bidding for contracts from the Isle of Wight Council you should check the tender details to see how to proceed – usually this will be exactly the same as before.

Suppliers wishing to access UK contract opportunities from the UK public sector (not just the Isle of Wight Council) will need to access the new UK e-notification service, Find a Tender, instead of OJEU/TED. Suppliers can continue to access the relevant domestic portal, such as Contracts Finder, MOD Defence Contracts Online, Public Contracts Scotland, Sell2Wales and eTendersNI. Suppliers who wish to access contract opportunities from the EU may continue to do so via OJEU/TED.

More information about public sector procurement in a no-deal scenario can be found on the government website. - Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?