The Environment Officers’ Team has a wide range of responsibilities including the dog warden service, inspection functions and the enforcement of environmental crimes.
Dog Warden Service
- Collection of stray secured dogs.
- Re-homing of abandoned dogs.
- Contract monitoring of beach and slipway cleaning.
- Maintaining and inspecting play park areas.
- Safety inspections of memorials.
Environmental crime is crime that adversely affects the environment. The Environment Officers are out and about across the Island carrying out patrols and investigating such problems; working with communities, raising awareness and using enforcement powers to deal with offences. The crimes can be dealt with by spot fines or prosecution.
- Dog fouling.
- Dogs off leads.
- Dogs on beaches.