Year 3 Upwards
Free School Meals - Year 3 Upwards
Free School Meals are available for full time students attending school. Your child will be entitled to free school meals if you receive:
- Income support. (IS)
- Income based’ jobseeker’s allowance. (IBJSA)
- Income related employment and support allowance. (IRESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Child tax credit (provided you do not receive working tax credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not currently exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit.
Children who receive any of the above benefits in their own right (ie they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also apply for free school meals.
To apply for free school meals, you will need to complete an Application for Free School Meals found in the 'Do it online' tab above.