The Heritage Education Service (HES) is funded by the Isle of Wight Council. It is part of the Isle of Wight Heritage Service.
During the current Covid-19 pandemic we are developing:
- Online activities,
- and resources for use in schools and home-schooling.
Please contact the Heritage Education Officer for more information.
The HES can support learning establishments by providing the following services:
- Planning and leading educational activities at Carisbrooke Castle Museum.
- Planning and leading visits to Newport Roman Villa, Cowes Maritime Museum or the Guildhall Museum of Island History.
- Outreach activities working with you and your class in your school or elsewhere in the community.
- Lending artefacts and educational material for you to use in your classroom.
- Free Support and Advice - We are happy to offer advice on how the Isle of Wight Heritage Service can best support your school. We have a number of free resources that relate to the Island’s heritage and offer free lesson preparation and pre-visit planning.
For further information or to book any of these services please email the: Heritage Education Officer .