The Isle of Wight Council are using Microsoft Teams as our audio and video conferencing tool to deliver council committee meetings.
Please note the link to watch a meeting online will be made available approximately 24 hours before the start of the meeting.
Please read the following guidance before you select the link above, it will help you access and watch our online committee meetings
- When you select the link provided above this guidance, it will take you to watch our online committee meetings and you will be presented with a list of all of our committee meetings.
- Find the committee you are interested in the list and select the link to the committee.
- You will then be presented with a web page about the committee.
- Find the date of the meeting you wish to watch by using the drop down list titled show meetings for the year, select the year you wish to see and press go.
- This search will return all meetings listed for the selected year.
- Choose the meeting you wish to attend by selecting the date link. For example the meeting details it will be presented in this format : 8 Oct 2020 5.00 pm - Agenda
- You will be then directed to a web page where you will need to find the heading 'Media' and then you must select the box which has a paper clip icon and is titled 'online meeting'.
- Once selected you will be taken to the online meeting in Teams.
- You will be given options to download the Teams app or watch on the web instead.
- You can download the Teams app to either your computer or laptop.
- If you do not wish to have the Teams app on your device, please select the option 'watch on the web instead'. This option will allow you to join the committee meeting by using your internet browser. We recommend using Google Chrome.
- You will then be asked to either sign in or join the meeting anonymously. Please join the meeting anonymously.
- The live event page will appear and If the event has started, you will hear and see the live event in action which will include audio of the officers and councillors present and a screen share of any documents.
- If the event hasn’t started you will see the message, the live event hasn't started. As soon as the meeting is available online to watch you will be presented with the live event web page.
- Once the meeting has ended, you should select the option leave.
If you find it easier to have a hardcopy of these instructions please download and print our guidance document on how to access online committee meetings (PDF, 86KB, 1 page)
All meetings of the Council are open to the public and you may come and go during the meeting as you wish, provided that this does not disrupt proceedings.
On occasions, the public and the press may be asked to leave the meeting if material of a commercially confidential or other sensitive nature is being considered. This will be an considered an exception and not be a regular occurrence in meetings.
Depending on where the meeting is being held there may be a public viewing gallery which is readily accessible. On other occasions, chairs will be provided at the rear of the room where the meeting is being held. You are encouraged to use the facilities that are provided and not to worry about moving about when speakers are talking provided that you do so quietly.
In some cases, the door to the meeting room may be shut to keep out external noise. Please feel free to open the door and walk in without being invited, unless there is a notice on the door prohibiting this.
You can view details of current committees and meetings.