Adult Social Care - Personal Assistants

About Personal Assistants

Personal Assistants (PA’s) in Adult Social Care are employed to support people who have social care or health needs to promote their wellbeing and continue to live as independently as possible in their home.

PA’s can also be employed by a family member or representative when the person they are supporting does not have the physical or mental capacity to be the employer. People employing PA’s are often referred to as individual employers. Being an employer means you’re in control of the care and support you receive.

PA’s will be involved in many aspects of their employers lives and may be asked to provide support in the home, at leisure or at work. Employing a PA comes with responsibility and that can be daunting but we can give you all the information you need.

For further information, please visit the website: