Adult Social Care - Carers

Who can get help

A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a family member of friend over the age of 18 years who due to illness, disability, a mental health condition or addiction cannot manage to live independently without carer support. Carers IW have been jointly commissioned by the Isle of Wight council and the Clinical Commissioning Group to provide a variety of different support to carers living on the island. Carers IW will also be able to advise you if you may be eligible for services from the council.

More information about the services available from Carers IW can be found on the ’Carers IW’ tab at the top of this page

If you are in urgent need of support and are new to Adult Social care please call our Initial Adult Social Care Contact Team on 01983 814980.

If you or the person you are caring for already have involvement with Adult Social Care please call 01983 823340. 

Further Information

For more detailed information please view our factsheet 'Carers'. (PDF, 103KB, 2 pages)