Following the first round of the Early Help Community Capacity Building grant, we were able to award funding to five new provisions on the Island. These provisions are the first of many new provisions for the islands children, young people, families, parents and carers.
Listed below are the details of all our providers:
- Dadz Club - A group for dads to gain support from each other. Fathers (and their children) meet once a week on a Saturday in Ryde. There is also a supportive online community for fathers via dads club Facebook page
- Independent Arts - fun arts projects for primary school children aged five to 11 years and their parents/carers. Children will see their completed work displayed in the gallery to celebrate the project.
- Starling Songwriters - three separate groups for different ages. You will explore songwriting techniques, create your own lyrics to a backing track and record your song in session.
- Brave Island - Brave Island are hosting fortnightly DJ Drop-In workshops. These workshops can help you learn how to DJ and mix both digital and vinyl, with the help of professional DJ Ed Eldridge. Aimed at young people aged 14 to 18 years.
- IOW Youth Trust - The IW Youth Trust Wellbeing Hub will be a holistic support base for Children and Young People aged 11 to 25 years. It will provide a drop in venue to support Children and young people and their families with positive youth engagement, activities and networking opportunities. A safe place for Children and Young People to access information, advice and guidance. This may be on a 1:1 booked appointment basis, drop-in support or specific small, targeted group work.
- Homestart - Homestart is a local community network of trained volunteers and expert support helping families with young children (must have one child under school age) through challenging times. Families receive weekly support in their own homes. In addition, outdoor meet up sessions are offered to connect families with each other.
- Nature Therapy - Drum Medicine - Session involves different styles of drumming and/or percussion as well as creative art. No experience needed. Not about being taught to drum or to paint – all about relaxing, meeting others and having fun. All ages welcome – parents must be accompanied by a child. Booking is essential so we make sure we have enough cake. Disability access at the side of the church hall which is where we will be.
- Wight Eagles FC - Girls Academy for Wight Eagles FC. aged from six-16, all abilities welcome. Hampshire County Girls football league. Wight Eagles FC Ladies football club playing in division four of the Hampshire Women’s League
- Forever Wild At Heart - Explore learn and grow in nature. Pre and Post natal sessions , offering mindfulness, forest bathing in an intimate and safe environment.
- Aspire Ryde - A community Project in the heart of Ryde offering a range of community sessions including a monthly free 'stay play and eat' sessions for families experiencing financial hardship.
- Rainbow Island - Rainbow Island supports LGBTQ+ people of all ages with signposting and meet up groups in a safe space connecting in person and online. We support attendees with mental health and wellbeing linking to a trained and accredited LGBTQ+ Counsellor who can offer free group and one-to-one support.