Adult Social Care - Services


You may be in a position where you need information, advice or guidance on how best to support yourself to live as independently as possible and/or continue in your caring role.

Whether this happens in your own home or you need support, we can help you identify the most suitable type of care to meet your needs.

If you need help to live independently in your own home we may be able to help you. We will discuss with you the most suitable type of aids, adaptations, telecare, care and support that is available.


Reablement is an intervention that can range between 1-6 weeks. You will have a discussion with a social care worker and help create a Wellbeing Assessment with us to work out your outcomes that will maximise your independence and support you living in your local community.

At the end of the support a review or assessment will take place.

NHS Care Services

You may be eligible for funding through a health fund called Continuing Health Care. This is care that is arranged and funded solely by the NHS for individuals who are not in hospital but have been assessed as having a ‘primary health need’.

If you think this may apply to you, you should speak to your doctor or district nurse.

Social Care Services

Should you feel that your needs are beyond the support available from your circle of support and the voluntary sector and you may be eligible for services from the Isle of Wight council please contact us on the following details:

  • If you are new to our service call our Adult First Response Team on 01983 814980.
  • If you already have involvement with Adult Social Care please call 01983 823340.