Also known as: ECO, Electric Vehicle Charging Point, Energy Companies Obligation, Green Deal, HECA, Home Energy Conservation Act, insulation, Warm Up Wight, Electric Vehicle
Service Description: The Isle of Wight Council is keen to promote energy efficiency initiatives which help householders and businesses reduce their energy costs and reduce the Island's carbon footprint. On this page we will provide information on offers which may be of interest to the local community.
To find out if there are any grants for home insulation, or other energy saving measures, contact the Footprint Trust on 01983 822282 or the Energy Saving Trust at www.energysavingtrust.org.uk
The Isle of Wight Council is offering a free 12-month parking permit for owners of new, zero-emission electric vehicles. The specific details of the offer are:
• the offer will run from 00.00 1 April 2019 to 11.59 31 March 2020 ie applications must be received within this period;
• the offer is available to owners of new (first time registered) electric vehicles registered to an Island address between these dates;
• eligible electric vehicles are zero emission (100 per cent) plug-in EVs;
• the permit is the All Island Car Park Permit and the usual terms of that permit apply;
• the free permit provided will last for 12 months from the date of issue;
• only one free permit per vehicle;
• owners may apply for the Supplementary permit and will need to pay the additional £137.50 cost of this;
• the offer is available to private individuals with an Island address, it is not for commercial use.;
• the existing terms and conditions of the Island permit will apply.
Applications for the permit can be made online at www.iwight.com/parkingpermits