A reading group is a great way of sharing the love of reading and inspiring you to try something different.
The library service supports at least one reading group in each library on the island. Some of the groups meet in the libraries, some in people's homes and some in shops, cafes and pubs.
- A group ticket for reserving books for the group.
- Sets of books for reading groups.
- Free reservations for reading group sets.
- Structured discussion questions for specific titles.
- Free advertising for the book groups in our libraries and on our website.
- No fines for overdue reading group books.
If you would like to find an existing reading group in a library near you, please take a look at the library webpages below. If the details of the reading group are not listed, please contact the library using the contact details on their page.
If you want to try to set up your own reading group, we have a short guide with hints on how you can start. To view or download the short guide please click here (PDF, 161.11KB, 4 pages). Alternatively, you could ask a member of staff at your local library.
To view or download a list of reading group sets currently available from the library service, please click here (PDF, 453.86KB, 30 pages).
New and forthcoming reading sets include:
- Father's Day by Simon Van Booy.
- A Mother's Story by Amanda Prowse.
- The Followers by Rebecca Wait.
- A Notable Woman by Jean Lucey Pratt.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo.
- A perfectly Good Man by Patrick Gale.