The museum will be open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. 10am- 12pm and 2pm – 4pm. Please phone to check opening arrangements before visiting on 01983 293341.
To help keep everyone safe we have introduced some changes:
- We are limiting numbers to a maximum of 4 visitors at any one time
- We will be collecting name and contact numbers of visitors to comply with NHS Track and Trace
- Please wear a face covering within the library and museum
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided
- Please do not visit the library / museum if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms
The Museum displays a selection of objects and images which help to tell the story of Cowes and its important maritime heritage. You can see Uffa Fox’s dinghy, Avenger (see picture), and models of vessels built by J. Samuel White & Co Ltd of Cowes. The Museum has an extensive photographic and paper archive depicting yachting and the shipbuilding industry in Cowes. The reserve collection is held within the museum store and is accessible by appointment only. If you require more information about the archive collection of Cowes Maritime Museum please contact the Curator of Human History by using the telephone number listed in the 'Contact' tab above.
The museum is situated within Cowes Library and is free to enter. The library also houses a collection of maritime related books.