Welcome to our online eMagazines service
Enjoy your favourite magazines on your computer, smartphone or tablet device. There are currently over 50 magazine titles to choose from, including TV Guides, The Economist, New Scientist, Your Family Tree, Hello, Amateur Photographer, Health and Fitness along with a range of other news, hobby, sport and lifestyle magazines. Further magazines are also available via PressReader, our online eNewspaper service, so in order to benefit from the full range of available titles, you will need to follow the instructions in both sections below.
- Free to all library members.
- Available 24/7.
- Download and read offline.
- Various popular eMagazines to choose from.
- Dedicated Apple and Android apps.
First time users of this online service will need to create a library account on the emagazines website.
- Click here to visit the emagazines website, then choose the 'Create new account' option in the top right hand corner of the web page.
- Please make sure you have your library card to hand so that you can authenticate your account. (If you already have a RBdigital - comicPlus or Atomic Training account those account details can be used for emagazines).
- Enter an email address and password to create your account - make a note of this account information for future reference.
- Once registered you can click on the cover of the emagazine you want to read and check it out to read online.
- Alternatively you can download the library RBdigital Mobile Apps for free. Just select the appropriate link in the bottom left hand corner of the emagazines web page.
If you have any questions or need help, please click on the “Help” link at the bottom of RBdigital web page, where you can find a link to the user guide and FAQs, or email RBdigital@wfhowes.co.uk
Your query will be responded to with 2 working days by the UK based RBdigital Support Team.
Accessing magazines through PressReader
PressReader, our online newspaper service, also offers a wide range of magazines from across the world, including Vogue, Empire, Focus, Gardener’s World, Closer and thousands of others.
There are many ways of accessing this service: in the library with our wifi, on our library PC’s, on your smartphone with either your browser or the PressReaderApp, at home or in fact anywhere!
- Library members can use PressReader to access over 7000 UK and international digital newspapers and magazines for Free!
- Includes instant translation in up to 18 different languages for most articles and some full publications and audio narration function can be used to listen to many magazine and newspaper articles. Up to 3 months of back issues are also available for most titles.Download titles from any location using the PressReaderapp or read titles on the PressReaderwebsite.
- Once logged in you have three days full Free usage of the service. After three days simply log in again with your library membership card number.
- Click here to use the Press Reader website or download the PressReader app from your app store including the Kindle Fire app store.
- You will need to use your library card number to log in. If you don't have one you can get one at any of the Island's 11 Public Libraries
- To see Library PressDisplay in action, watch this YouTube video.
- For more information on how to use the e-newspaper service, select the follwing link to download the PressDispay User Guide. (PDF, 362KB, 1 page).
Please Note: The image provided on this page has been supplied and are copyright of ‘W F Howes’.