The Isle of Wight Council’s Adult Community Learning Service works in partnership with local community organisations and charities to offer a wider range of adult learning opportunities for adults aged 19 upwards.
For the 2016/17 academic year the Service has commissioned the following partners:
- Bodster Equine Assisted Learning Centre – Offering courses to help people develop a range of skills, improving their self-esteem, understanding their own behaviour and increasing their emotional intelligence in a supervised horse environment (please note no riding is involved).
- Coralesce – Providing a range of face to face and online learning courses specialising in digital technologies and enterprise skills.
- Isle of Wight College – courses delivered include ESOL (English Speaking for Other Languages).
- Nature Therapy – Offering courses aimed at improving lives through sensory experiences in the natural world.
- Storeroom 2010 – Courses with a focus on skills for employment from Carpentry to Health and Safety.
- The Footprint Trust – providing independent training and advice on money management, home energy bills and related topics.
- The New Carnival Company – Providing a range of informal and accredited Carnival themed workshops.
For further information on the courses currently available from these partners please contact a member of the Adult Community Learning team by sending through an email using the 'Send a message to this service' tab found in the 'Contact' tab above where you will also find our contact telephone number.