Adult Social Care - Information and Advice

What is adult social care

You may not know whether the help you get is an adult social care service. Adult social care includes all types of care and support including personal care and other practical help. It is assessed under the Care Act 2014 when a local authority is involved. It includes care and support arranged and funded privately and NHS funded care and support. It is for people aged 18 and over who need help because of age, illness or disability. 

Some examples are: 

  • Provision of equipment 
  • Help in your home with daily living 
  • Community support and activities 
  • Day centres 
  • Residential care 
  • Home adaptations 
  • Information and advice 
  • Advocacy 
  • Support for carers 
  • Social care assessments and funding 

The information contained within this section will provide you with information and advice about Adult Social Care. Throughout relevant sections it will explain the process or signpost you to legislation or various national and local organisations that may be able to answer some of your queries or help support and guide you.  

Contacting us

  • If you are new to the service and feel that you may need an assessment or support, please contact the Adult First Response Team on 01983 814980. 

  • If you already receive a service from us, then please call 01983 823340.