If travelling to the Isle of Wight from you will need to use one of the ferry services to get here. There are a number of choices for both foot passengers, cars, caravans and freight. Ferry services run from Lymington, Southampton and Portsmouth.
Hovertravel run hovercraft services between Ryde Esplanade and Southsea in under 10 minutes. They have a frequent service running 7 days a week for foot passengers. Full information on getting to the Southsea Hoverport is available on their website.
Red Funnel Services
Red Funnel runs services over 2 routes to and from the Island.
- Red Jet Hi-Speed: Southampton to West Cowes (passenger only). Runs every 30 minutes throughout the day, journey time approx. 23 minutes.
- Passenger/Vehicle Ferry: (Southampton to East Cowes). Operates 24 hours a day, journey time approx. one hour.
Both services connect to a free bus service from Southampton Central Rail Station. Full details of getting to the Red Funnel terminals are available here.
Wightlink runs services over three routes to and from the Island.
- Portsmouth to Ryde Pier Head (Fast Cat Passenger Service). Journey time approx. 22 minutes.
- Portsmouth to Fishbourne (Car and Passenger Service). Journey time approx. 40 minutes.
- Lymington to Yarmouth (Car and Passenger Service). Journey time approx. 30 minutes.
Full details for getting to the ferry ports are available here.