Contact us

How to Contact us

Contact us online

Send a service a message using our online form and it will go straight to the service. This is the quickest way to contact us.

Call us

If you cannot use our online form, call us.

Children's services:  01983 823434
Adult social care:  01983 823430
Council tax:  01983 823901
Business rates:  01983 823920
Housing benefit:  01983 823950
Housing:  01983 823040
Waste services:  01983 823777

If you are unsure what department you need, call 01983 821000. Our opening hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Out of Hours

For certain services we operate an out of hours number, please check the table below to see when you should call.

When to call environmental health out of hours01983 821105
When to call dangerous structures 01983 821105 
Adult Services 01983 821105 
When to call housing advice 01983 821105
Children’s 24-hour hotline
0300 300 0117 

Compliments, complaints and freedom of information requests

Your feedback, compliments and complaints are important to us and can help us improve the services we provide to all our customers.


We like to hear when we have done something well.

Make a complaint

When things go wrong, we aim to put things right. If we are unable to resolve your complaint on an informal basis, a formal complaints procedure is available. Our complaints policy provides details of the procedure.

You can make a complaint if we:

  • do something wrong
  • provide a poor standard of service
  • fail to do something we should have
  • do something we should not do.

It is not treated as a complaint when:

  • you are asking for a service such as reporting a faulty streetlight or a pothole
  • you are appealing against a decision which, although it is not the one you wanted, has been properly formed.

More detail about the complaint process is included in our how to make a complaint, complaints policy and unacceptable behaviour policy.

We have separate complaints procedures for adult social care and children's services.

make a complaint about adult social care.
make a complaint about children’s services.

Notify the Council of personal injury or damage to property.

Make a freedom of information (FOI) request

Find out how to make a Freedom of Information request.

Tell us about a change of address

Complete and send a change of address form.

Visit us

Enquiries are by appointment only, please call 01983 823134 to book an appointment with IsleHelp

Help centres:

Newport help centre
Ryde help centre

If you experience a technical problem, find something wrong or have any feedback about this website, send us a message.