Order a birth certificate
How do I order a birth certificate?
To order a birth certificate (including copies or historic birth certificates) you will need to provide the following:
- full name at birth of the person whose certificate is required
- date of birth (or year)
- place of birth – hospital, town or district
- names and surnames of parents, including the mother’s maiden name, if known.
Please note that we only hold records of births registered on the Isle of Wight.
There are three delivery options:
- second class post within 15 working days at £11.00 per certificate
- priority first class within 24 hours (Monday to Friday, excludes public holidays) at £35.00 per certificate
- collection from Isle of Wight Register Office, Seaclose Offices, Fairlee Road, Newport, PO30 2QS.
Payment is via debit or credit card.