Application process - Performance Licence
Individual Performance Licence
The Performance Licence Application form should be sent to us at least 21 days before the performance will take place.
The Local Authority may refuse to grant a licence if an application is received with less than 21 days notice prior to the date of the performance and it would therefore be illegal for the child to take part. It is the duty of the applicant to ensure a timely request is made, including all of the documents required in full.
Please be aware that it is the applicants responsibility to ensure that they have read and fully understood the statutory requirements for the licence they are applying for. Failure to comply with the regulations may lead to the licence being revoked and/or prosecution.
Body of Persons Approval (BOPA)
A Body of Persons Approval (BOPA) allows organisations to have an overall licence for a performance.
This means you do not need a licence for each individual child.
All performances must comply with the law. You must apply at least 21 days before the first performance.
You must ensure that:
- the organisation complies with licensing and performance regulations
- all performances and rehearsals take place on the Isle of Wight
- performances and rehearsals must take place outside of school hours
- the organisation must have a child safeguarding policy
- no payment will be made to, or on behalf of the child, other than expenses
A BOPA licence is free of charge.
For information or advice please use our contact us section to get in touch.