How to make a Children's Services complaint

Complaining about Social Care Services provided by our Children's Services department.

Be advised that all Isle of Wight children's social care complaints are dealt with by the Hampshire County Council complaints team. If you prefer to contact Hampshire direct, you may do so. Otherwise, you can complete our Children's Services complaints form online.

If you have any concerns about making a complaint or need more advice, contact us directly.

Making a complaint to Hampshire Children's Social Care Services

View the Hampshire County Council web page provided which explains how to make a complaint to Children's Services about a department or service. You can make your complaint using the instructions and online forms provided by Hampshire County Council.

If you have any concerns about making a complaint or need further advice, email or call 0300 555 1384.

What happens once a complaint has been made

You will receive an acknowledgement by email within three working days. If you haven't received an acknowledgement within three days, contact us.

Your complaint will be investigated by the manager responsible for the relevant department. They have 20 working days to carry out their investigation and respond to you.

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your response, you have 14 days to make contact with us again and explain why. Your complaint will then be escalated to stage two of the complaints process and will be investigated by the service manager. They also have 20 working days in which to investigate and respond to you.

If your complaint remains unresolved, you have the right to raise this with the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO). The LGSCO considers whether your complaint has followed and exhausted the complaints process. Be aware that the LGSCO will not investigate the individual aspects of your complaint. This service is free and fair. The LGSCO does not take sides.

Related links