Become a Short Breaks provider
Would you like to become a Short Breaks provider and offer activities to children and young people with disabilities and additional needs, aged between zero and 18 years old? Or help make established groups more inclusive? If your answer is yes, then we want to hear from you.
Being a provider gives you opportunities for you to be able to support children and young people either within specialised groups or inclusive settings.
View our Activity providers wanted leaflet which provides information on the types of groups we're looking for.
- financial support via grant applications
- training opportunities
- support and advice
- communication aids
- resource Library
- marketing your organisation
- networking with other organisations.
Expectations for providers
To be a Short Breaks provider, you must meet these criteria:
- have £10 000 000 Public Liability insurance
- attend at least three provider forums per year (these are run every quarter)
- provide monthly data monitoring sheets
- market the activities you offer
- have safeguarding policies and risk assessments in place
- all of your staff have enhanced DBS checks (disclosure and barring service)
- you are able to provide financial information when we request it.