Facilities available for short breaks
Short breaks facilities and activities
Short Breaks on the Isle of Wight provides a range of different facilities available for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs and for their families.
Facilities available to you:
- Short Breaks Caravan based at Lower Hyde, Shanklin
- Landeez Wheelchairs available at Dinosaur Isle, Sandown
Short breaks activities
- find a list of Short Breaks activities, and details of how to book to attend these
- download the Short Breaks winter guide (PDF, 6MB)
You can enjoy a day at the beach, park, or anywhere else on the Island. The Landeez all-terrain wheelchair allows you to go where conventional wheelchairs can't. It is designed especially for outdoor use and to make closer contact with nature.
We are happy to make these wheelchairs available for use and to aid inclusion on schools trips and group outings. You can hire a chair for a morning or an afternoon free of charge, with a refundable deposit. The deposit of £25 covers up to one day per week for your family.
There are two wheelchairs available for hire from:
- Dinosaur Isle, Sandown
- Sandown Lifeguard Station
To hire a Landeez wheelchair, call 01983 404344, or contact us to learn more about these facilities and charges.