2023-2024 Budget consultation
Isle of Wight residents and organisations, council tax and business rate payers were invited to have their say on the council’s budget and council tax for 2023/24. We received over 1000 responses were received.
A summary of the results is set out below. The Administration considered the results when setting out their Revenue Budget, Council Tax and Capital Investment proposals.
Council Tax Increase for General Purposes:
- 74% of respondents opted for an increase of 1%, 2%, 3% or more than 3%.
- the most popular choice was for a 3% increase (30% of respondents).
Support for an adult social care levy on council tax of 2%:
- 62% of respondents supported raising a levy of 2%
Fees & Charges for Specific Services:
- 85% of respondents would prefer to see an increase in charges for services so to maintain them. The most popular choice was for a modest increase (46% of respondents).
Priorities for remaining funds:
- 39% ranked ensuring older people and vulnerable adults are looked after and supported to live independently as their first priority
Spending on one off projects:
- 44.3% ranked investing in sea defences and flood protection as their first priority
Read the full set of Budget Consultation Results 2023-24 (PDF, 455KB, 18 pages).