Information for landlords

View your tenant’s payments online

Housing Benefit may be available to a private tenant on low income, which is known as Local Housing Allowance (LHA). If a tenant is in receipt of Universal Credit, their housing costs may be paid within their Universal Credit payments.

You can view details about your tenant’s benefit claim online by using our landlord portal.

If you’re not registered to the landlord portal, email with your landlord reference, email address and phone number.

If you need help, use our Citizens Access Landlord Guide or call 01983 823950.

How it's paid

Tenants normally get payments of LHA directly.

Payments can be made directly to you if:

  • your tenant is more than eight weeks in arrears with their rent
  • we think the tenant has difficulty paying their rent due to vulnerability
  • we think the tenant is unlikely to pay their rent
  • there is a delay in processing a backdated claim and a large amount is due to be paid
  • part of the tenant’s DWP benefit is being paid to the landlord.

You can request payments to be paid directly to you by completing a direct payment of Housing Benefit to landlord form.

Any overpayments may mean we ask you to pay the money back, unless there is a reason we should ask your tenant. For example, if a tenant had started work but did not tell us.