Isle of Wight Council

Child Entertainment Performance



Child performance licences exist to ensure that the education, health and safety of a child will not suffer if they spend a significant amount of time performing. This could be performing in films, theatre, taking part in sporting activities or modelling.

Children who take part in public performances or entertainment will need to be accompanied by a registered chaperone at any time. This should happen when when their parent or full time carer is not present. View further information on chaperones .

Read the Child performance and activities licensing legislation in England document. It can be found on the  GOV.UK website, Department of Education - Child performance.  

Please download and print our guide  Child Performance Licensing Leaflet (PDF, 469KB, 2 pages).