Allotments are small areas of land that have been specifically set aside for cultivation by renting tenants.
Allotment gardens provide a wide range of benefits to the community and the environment. They are not just important for tasty low cost food production, but they also provide a valuable recreational opportunity involving healthy activities and social interaction that can become a way of life for many people. Nothing is as rewarding as growing your own fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers.
The Isle of Wight Council’s allotment service manages a range of sites along with the Parish/Town Councils.
Many allotment sites are popular and in some cases have a waiting list.
For any further information regarding the availability of any of the allotment plots, please use the contact details provided for the various sites, listed below.
Council managed allotment sites
Below is a list of Council managed allotment sites, for any queries relating to these please use the online send a message to service form or alternatively please use the information held in the 'Contact' tab above:
- Grove Road – Wroxall
- Dovecotes – Merstone
- Fort Mews – Sandown
- Hyde Destructor – Shanklin
- Long Meadow, Westhill Road – Shanklin
- Barn Ground – Lake
Rental for these allotments is billed yearly on the first Monday of September from the councils Customer Account Services Section.
Town/Parish Councils and other associations managed allotment sites
Below is a list of allotment sites managed by either the Town/Parish Councils and other associations:
- Ryde Town Council, manage the following sites. Telephone (01983) 811105 information:
- Alfred Street – Ryde,
- Uplands Road – Haylands,
- Quarry Road – Ryde,
- Marlborough Road – Ryde,
- Mayfield Road – Ryde
- Newport Parish Council, manage the following sites. Telephone (01983) 559119 for further information:
- Old Pan – Newport,
- Hillside Quay Harbour – Newport,
- Clatterford Road – Carisbrooke,
- Castle Road – Carisbrooke,
- Field House – Carisbrooke,
- Miller Lane – Carisbrooke.
- Alvington Road – Newport, managed by an association and details are displayed on the allotment site.
- Brading - allotments please contact Brading Town Council, Telephone (01983) 401770.
- SeaviewNettlestone area - contact Nettlestone & Seaview Parish Council , Telephone (01983) 562257.
General Data Protection Regulation Statement - GDPR
Please click here to view the 'General Data Protection Regulation Statement - GDPR' (99.55 KB, 1 page)