Service update - temporary closure of allotment waiting list
The current waiting list time for being offered an allotment has now reached five to seven years. With immediate effect, on a temporary basis, the waiting list will close. We will monitor the sites closely to ensure that all plots are being cultivated in line with the terms and conditions of use. We will take appropriate action if a plot remains uncultivated. Once the list reduces to a manageable number we will open the list again to new applicants.
Allotments are small areas of land that have been set aside for cultivation by renting tenants. Allotment gardens provide a wide range of benefits to the community and the environment. They are not just important for low cost food production, they also provide a valuable recreational opportunity involving healthy activities and social interaction that can become a way of life for many people. Nothing is as rewarding as growing your own fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers. Our allotment service manages a range of sites along with the Parish/Town councils.
Our allotment sites
Below is a list of our allotment sites:
- Grove Road, Wroxall
- Dovecotes, Merstone
- Fort Mews, Sandown
- Hyde Destructor, Shanklin
- Long Meadow, Westhill Road, Shanklin
- Barn Ground, Lake
Rental for these allotments is billed yearly on the first Monday of September from our Customer Account Services. For any queries relating to these please send us a message.
Town/Parish Councils and other associations managed allotment sites
Below is a list of allotment sites managed by either the Town/Parish Councils and other associations:
- Ryde Town Council. For more information call 01983 811105.
- Alfred Street, Ryde
- Uplands Road, Haylands
- Quarry Road, Ryde
- Marlborough Road, Ryde
- Mayfield Road, Ryde
- Newport Parish Council. For more information call 01983 559119.
- Old Pan, Newport
- Hillside Quay Harbour, Newport
- Clatterford Road, Carisbrooke
- Castle Road, Carisbrooke
- Field House, Carisbrooke
- Miller Lane, Carisbrooke
- Brading Town Council. For more information call 01983 401770
- Nettlestone & Seaview Parish Council. For more information call 01983 562257.
- Alvington Road, Newport. Managed by an association. Details are displayed on the allotment site.
- Moorgreen Road, Cowes. Managed by an association. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Vectis Road, East Cowes. Managed by Vectis Association. For more information visit the Vectis Association website.
- St Boniface Fields. Managed by Ventnor Town Council. For more information email Alison@ventnortowncouncil.org.uk