Isle of Wight Council

Drainage Problems

    Service Description: Drainage incidents include blocked or overflowing drains within a single property boundary, or a pumping station, or septic tanks / private treatment works that do not connect to a Southern Water sewer- ALL other situations should be referred to Southern Water due to a transfer of drainage pipes on 1st October 2011 - Southern Water 0330 3030368
    Please note: The Housing Officers have powers relating to private drains/sewers – public sewers are the responsibility of Southern Water Services Ltd and most enquiries will be passed to them from 1st Oct 2011.
    If reporting rats only please inform the Environmental Health section of the council.
    If reporting a highway drainage problem please inform the Highways section of the council.