Low Carbon Across the South and East (LoCASE)
Low Carbon Across the South and East (LoCASE) is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The aim is to help Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) become more competitive and profitable while protecting the environment and encouraging low carbon solutions.
To do this, LoCASE provides businesses with:
- training workshops
- fully funded events
Targeted business support is on offer for companies who offer “green” or low carbon goods and services
The LoCASE programme brings together three key requirements for the growth of a low carbon economy:
- stimulating demand
- supporting supply
- transferring knowledge
This work will offer focused, individual support to SMEs (including social enterprises) improving competitiveness and creating jobs through increased energy efficiency and new low carbon business.
The grant element of the programme will offer up to 40% of the cost of an eligible project, with the remainder matched by the business:
- Any business can use this money toward having energy efficiency measures installed for their business. The grant of up to £5,000 can contribute to both the cost of materials or equipment and any installation. Projects which save on fuel/mileage are also acceptable.
- If the business offers low carbon (or “green”) goods or services, a business development grant of up to £10,000 is also available. This will cover costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, product/process development, accreditation and certification.
Businesses applying for a business development grant must be an organisation which offers goods or services which improve the environment, can be considered to lower the environmental impact of their customers, or works as part of the supply chain for other businesses who do work around the environment.
Businesses should fit somewhere into the following:
- Decarbonising the energy system
- Improving energy or resource efficiency
- Preserving and enhancing the natural environment
The project has received funding from the ERDF. Established by the European Union, the ERDF helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit the European growth funding guidance.
To enquire about LoCASE, please visit iWight Invest.