This service is part of our development to improve our website and can now be found on our new beta website
Freshwater Library opened over 80 years ago. In 1904 book collections were sent in boxes from Seely Library in Newport and in turn displayed in West Wight Social Club and local Schools. The library was completed in October 1939, the year World War II broke out. With an initial collection of 4,000 books, we now hold 10,000 books and over 15,000 items.
The library provides a safe and welcoming space in the heart of the village.
The library is supported locally by our Friends' Group who help raise money for the library as well as helping us to provide regular events of all kinds.