• It is recognised that a partnership is where all partners are equally important. This means mutual appreciation of each other’s roles and objectives as well as mutual acknowledgement of the constraints facing both the Statutory and the voluntary and community sector.
• The public sector acknowledges the independence and diversity of the voluntary and community sector and the Sector’s right to challenge, comment or campaign on policy and practice.
• The voluntary and community sector acknowledges the public sector’s statutory responsibilities and the constraints placed on it by central Government directives and performance indicators.
• The voluntary and community sector also recognises the decision-making role of elected members and their democratic responsibility to balance the needs of everyone on the Isle of Wight and work within the resources available.
• Both sectors will respect the confi dentiality of information, when given to it on that basis.