Flood risk and investigation
October and November 2023 flood investigation
In our role as the Lead Local Flood Authority, we have commissioned JBA consulting to gather evidence following the flooding that impacted the Island as a result of Storm Babet and Storm Ciaran in October and November 2023
The information supplied will help us to understand how this flooding has impacted the local community, and to consider potential options to mitigate the risk of similar flooding occurring in the future.
To help gather evidence for the investigation, residents affected by or with evidence of the flooding that occurred during October 2023 and November 2023 are encouraged to fill in the form using the link below.
note that if you have applied for a flood recovery funding grant then there is no need to complete
this form as your evidence information has already been processed.
Any relevant supporting evidence, such as photographs, records of emergency service attendance and insurance claims, can be emailed to email@example.com
Information can also be sent via the post to: Isle of Wight Flood Evidence, JBA Consulting, 35 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 3BW. Please complete the forms and send in your evidence by Friday 22nd December 2023.
- which risk management authorities have relevant flood management functions
- whether each of those risk management authorities has exercised, or is proposing to exercise those functions in response to the flood.
When considering whether to investigate, we will follow our flood investigation protocol.
We may investigate if:
- there is doubt surrounding the source or responsibility of a flood incident;
- internal flooding of one property has been experienced on more than one occasion;
- internal flooding of a group of properties has been experienced during a single flood incident;
- flooding resulted in disruption of one or more items of critical infrastructure;
- a single flood incident resulted in flooding that affects vulnerable individuals;
- there is risk to life as a result of flooding.
Flood risk management
- surface water
The following documents provide information on flooding on the Isle of Wight: