As well as neighbourhood planning, local communities can also produce other types of community-led plans. This is commonly known as community planning and can include a range of documents such as parish plans and village design statements.
Communities can also undertake evidence documents such as housing needs surveys.
If you are considering undertaking a community plan, it is suggested you contact the Planning Policy team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following guides can provide help:
Parish plans and village design statements
Community-led planning is about communities agreeing a shared vision and priorities for their area. The below list provides further details on existing plans and statements.
- East Cowes Town Plan
- Fishbourne Parish Plan
- Freshwater Parish Plan
- Freshwater Village Design Statement
- Gurnard Parish Plan
- Nettlestone and Seaview Parish Plan
- Newchurch Parish Plan – Part 1
- Newchurch Parish Plan – Part 2
- Ningwood Village Design Statement
- Niton and Whitwell Parish Plan
- Shorewell Parish Plan
- Shorwell Parish Landscape Character Assessment
- St Helens Village Design Statement
- Totland Parish Plan
- Ventnor Town Plan
- Wootton Bridge Village Design Statement
- Yarmouth and Thorley Community Plan