Food Labelling Regulations
The Food Information Regulations 2014 help to make food labels clear and improve nutritional and allergen information to consumers.
The Regulations apply to food businesses at all stages of the food chain, and to all food intended for the final consumer, including foods delivered by mass caterers, and food intended for supply to mass caterers.
The regulations include:
- mandatory nutrition labelling on pre-packaged food
- country of origin labelling
- date marking (including date of first freezing)
- clarity and legibility of food information
- labelling of non pre-packed foods
- allergen information, including on food sold loose and in restaurants, cafes etc.