An online application form is not available for the vacancy.
A downloadable application form is not available for this vacancy.
Personal Assistants - PAs in Care (Ref: PA)
Vacancy Reference: PA
Are you looking for a career that is both flexible and fulfilling? Working as a Personal Assistant (PA) in Care an be rewarding, challenging, and varied, as well as offering flexible working patterns to help you find a suitable work-life balance.
What does a PA in Care do?
As a Personal Assistant, you will support individuals in their own homes and out in the community; this may include supporting them in maintaining their physical, mental, emotional, and/or social wellbeing.
The opportunities for PA placements are varied, and can include a range of duties and responsibilities, including:
• Occupational support in the workplace
• Support with childcare and maintaining relationships with friends and family
• Providing companionship and facilitating socialisation
• Aiding access to the community and local attractions
• Supporting your clients to maintain their hobbies and interests
• Providing personal care including support to dress, wash and bathe
• Domestic tasks like cooking, cleaning, meal preparation and shopping
• Assisting with travel to appointments and carrying out day to day errands or tasks
If you feel you have the compassion and drive it takes to become a Personal Assistant in Care, then there are three simple steps you will need to follow:
1. Register for further information.
If you are ready to kickstart your PA career, then head over to the Isle of Wight PA Noticeboard website https://isleofwight.panoticeboard.org.uk, where you will be able to register for further information, as well as have the opportunity to view current vacancies.
2. Carry out the accreditation process.
Following registration you will be required to complete an accreditation process where you will undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), right to work checks, and evidence that the relevant insurances are in place for you to be able to start work.
3. Complete your online training.
Your initial training will provide you with the tools and resources needed to further your career as a Personal Assistant in Care. The PA Market now has additional funding to be able to support you in completing your mandatory training free of charge. You will be given access to up to 40 free training courses, including the Care Certificate, allowing you to take charge of your professional development.
Once you’ve completed your initial training, you’ll be ready to go! Simply apply to vacancies that interest you via the Isle of Wight PA Noticeboard, and tailor your workload to suit your individual needs, strengths, and availability.
If you have any questions contact our friendly PA Market Team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note that as a Personal Assistant in Care, you can either be Self-Employed or Employed by those in receipt of care. You will not be employed by the Isle of Wight Council).
Please click here to view the Isle of Wight Council’s Care Close to Home Strategy.