An online application form is not available for the vacancy.
A downloadable application form is not available for this vacancy.
Personal Assistants (PA's) In Care
Vacancy Reference: PA
Do you want to make a difference to somebody’s life? working as a Personal Assistant in care can be rewarding, challenging and varied as well as offering you flexible working patterns to suit commitments you may have.
A Personal Assistant will support the Individual in their own home and out in the community, you may be responsible for their physical and emotional wellbeing, social needs and providing support for the following;
• Support the person at their place of work
• Help the person to maintain relationships with the family and friends including supporting the person with childcare
• To meet new people and develop friendships
• To get about in the community
• To maintain hobbies and interest
• Providing personal care including support to dress, wash and bathe
• Carrying out household tasks like cooking, cleaning, meal preparation and shopping
• Supporting the person to their hospital appointments
Personal Assistants in care is a growing sector which offers a range of rewarding careers, with training opportunities and progression. In this role you can either be Self-Employed or Employed by those who receive care. (Please note that you will not be employed by the Isle of Wight Council).
If you are interested in becoming a Personal Assistant, please visit the Isle of Wight PA Noticeboard website https://isleofwight.panoticeboard.org.uk/ where you can register for further information and jobs.
(Following registration you will be required to complete an accreditation process where you will undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), right to work checks and ensure the relevant insurances are in place for you to be able to start work)
Please contact the PA Market Team for further information email@example.com