Consultant Practitioner, Ref: 50061792
Island Wide and Agile Working
Grade 11, £37,050.00 To £39,809.00
Contact: Telephone 01983 823134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information about applying. Please note only applications completed and submitted online by the closing date will be accepted.
Vacancy Reference: 50061792
Closing Date: 26/10/2021
Interview Date: 05/11/2021
Are you an experienced Social Worker passionate about working with people to promote independence and dedicated to making a difference? Do you have experience of supervising, maybe as a Practice Educator or Mentor? You may already be a social work manager looking for a new role. We would love to hear from you!
About the role:
We have a full time Consultant Practitioner position available in our Isle of Wight Integrated Locality Team.
The team has a supportive and engaged management structure including a Service Manager, Integrated Group Manager and Consultant Practitioners. It also consists of about 30 other staff members, including qualified Social Workers, Adult Social Care Officers and an administration team. As a CP you will be overseeing the day to day operations and supervision of the adult social care staff in that locality.
We are well on our way on our journey of integration with our health and third sector colleagues with regular MDT Locality meetings and in some areas being co-located with health colleagues.
To find out more about working in the Isle of Wight Integrated Locality Team visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here.
Our social care staff must be able to listen hard to the people of the Isle of Wight, to understand what really matters and to connect them to resources that help them continue with their chosen life, either with support or independently. You will also be working with staff supporting them to work with individuals to help them to regain control of their lives in a crisis. In order to best support the people we work with, we need Social Workers who are experienced in promoting their own and others professional curiosity and who are competent in their knowledge of legislation and meeting their professional capabilities.
As a Consultant Practitioner, we understand the work you do on a daily basis and provide the support you need to make a difference to the people of the Isle of Wight. To join us, you must:
• Have a social work qualification and be SWE registered
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• Have experience of chairing meetings
• Be able to demonstrate skills and experience of promoting a person centered and strengths-based approach
• Have an excellent working knowledge of legislation used within Adult Social Care
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding, including s.42 Enquiries and Making Safeguarding Personal
• Be confident in decision making, whilst knowing when to seek support
• Understand the importance of data in supporting staff, teams and wider service
• Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practice
• Have proven ability to work as part of a team and capacity to lead a team that puts the strengths of individuals, families and community at the heart of care and wellbeing.
• Be able to take part in the Out of Hours (OOH) stand-by duty rota as and when requested by management on an occasional basis.
You will share our ambitions, passion and attitude to ensure the people we serve live the best lives possible. You will be a critical thinker who has competence and confidence in your practice.
Here on the Isle of Wight we strive to be the best we can be for our community, with talented Social Care professionals leading the way. We are a hard-working team and it doesn’t go unnoticed, in fact, we’ve just been named as finalists for one of the most prestigious awards in Adult Social Care - The MJ Awards 2021 in the Care and Health Integration category!
In fact, the last 4 years have seen our whole service focusing on enabling individuals to live independent lives, with our innovative ‘Care Closer to Home’ strategy, and we are seeing impressive results. You can read up on this scheme here.
You will benefit from a unique and enriching environment within an organisation that values strong leadership, a good work life balance, quality management and reflective supervision.
Please visit the Adult Social Care career opportunities page which holds inspiring testimonies from team members, a guide to what the Island offers as well as personal development opportunities we offer.
Team IWC Values:
• Community & Customer focused
• Effective & Efficient
• Working together
• Fair & transparent
We are proud of our commitment to offer:
• Supporting and supervising all our social care workforce
• Providing opportunities for our staff as they develop and progress their professional careers
• Providing regular training opportunities.
As well as being a great place to work, we also offer a competitive remuneration package including:
• Competitive rates of pay and allowances
• Annual leave entitlement of 31 days p/a (plus public holidays)
• Local Government pension scheme
• Relocation package (if eligible) of up to £8,000 plus home relocation scheme via Help to Buy
• Travel allowance (if eligible) and discounted Solent ferry travel
• Island bus network discount, cycle to work scheme and staff parking permit scheme
• Discounted island sports & leisure gym membership
• National and local discounts & benefits schemes
• Access to private health care packages
We are looking forward to receiving your application if you have what it takes to make a difference and share our vision and values.
For further information about this vacancy or for an informal discussion, please contact Rachel McCleave on Rachel.McCleave@iow.gov.uk
Find out more about working for the Isle of Wight Council and living on the Island here.
This council and its schools recruit according to the council’s Safer Recruitment policy and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The Isle of Wight Council protects its employees from discrimination and this is supported by the Unacceptable Behaviour Policy, Employee Code of Conduct and Behaviours Framework. We actively promote the diversity of our workforce and we provide flexible working options (where appropriate) to support the different needs of our employees.
The Isle of Wight Council is an equal opportunities employer, who is proud to encourage applications from all cultures, backgrounds and abilities to better reflect the diversity within our local community. In addition to this, we are also a Disability Confident Employer. Along with a number of other areas of commitments, this means that providing you meet the basic essential requirements of the advertised role and have declared yourself as disabled, you will be offered an opportunity for an interview within the council.
In the interests of efficiency and economy, no further communication will be sent to you unless you reach the final shortlist. This means that if you do not hear from the recruiting manager within three weeks of the closing date, we regret that your application will not have been successful on this occasion.
Interview date: 5th November 2021