Free waste services
Apply online for an assisted collection or call Waste Services on 01983 823777 if you find that you or a relative:
- cannot manage the domestic wheeled bin or gull sacks that have been provided for you,
- cannot place your waste and recycling out on the kerbside for collection.
- there is no other person over the age of 18 in the property who is able to manage and move the households waste.
You may be eligible for assistance with your waste and recycling collections.
Book a free reuse collection online or call Waste Services on 01983 823777, for household furniture and items that could be reused. Many of the things we throw away could be given a new lease of life. You may no longer need an item that is undamaged and in good working order. We will collect undamaged and fully working household items such as furniture or televisions for free. Please note that any soft furnishings e.g. sofa, armchair etc must have attached current fire safety regulation labels (The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988.
Please note that if upon arrival for the collection the items are deemed not reusable due to damage, lack of labelling or poor condition, they will not be collected. You will be referred to the bulky waste service.
We are committed to promoting reuse which delivers benefits for both the community and the environment.
By reusing items we can:
- Cut the amount of waste being sent to landfill.
- Reduce energy and raw material costs associated with the production of new items.
- Give local people the opportunity to save money – reusable items are much cheaper than buying new.