Annual customer satisfaction survey
Annual recycling and waste survey 2022/2023
Every year, with our waste partners, we run a residents recycling and waste customer satisfaction survey.
The Isle of Wight Council handles the collection, treatment and disposal of household recyclables and waste on the Island. This is delivered through a contract with our waste providers.
We know you are up to the challenge of reducing your waste and we would like to thank you for your efforts so far.
Once the survey finishes each year, we use the results to review and look at possible improvements to the existing services. Thank you for taking the time to complete the latest survey.
The most recent survey was in December to January 2022/23 and over 400 responses were received.
Some of the things you are telling us:
• 88.9% of residents are satisfied with their collection crews, up from 84.6% on the previous year
• Fourth year running, satisfaction rates with the recycling service have increased to 85.5%
• 83.6% are satisfied with the food waste service – up on last year again, with 72.8% using large outside caddies.
• Just 16.9% of respondents do not recycle food waste.
• An increase on last year, 85.5% were happy with the service received at the Household Waste and Recycling Centres
• 64.1% were happy with booking service at the Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRCs) and 18% were not
• Increase in satisfaction with the garden waste service from 73.3% in the previous year to 80%.
You said, we listened
You said: The 2021 survey showed that 69.7 per cent of respondents had not used the kerbside textile recycling service.
We did: Earlier this year we ran our kerbside textile recycling campaign to flag awareness (Aug/Sept 2022).
You said: 74.5 per cent of respondents said they would use a kerbside battery collection service if it was introduced.
We did: We introduced a kerbside battery collection service in May 2022 which collected almost 2 ½ tonnes by the end of August 2022.