Course details and general information
View details of our current courses.
If you are unable to find a course you would like to attend, or would like any information, advice or guidance, contact us.
How to apply for a course
If you would like to attend any course detailed on our course pages (www.iwight.com/trainingcourses):
- Complete the application form via the link on the course page and submit online (ensure you have authorisation to attend from your line manager)
- Isle of Wight Council employees can book via the Learning Hub.
- Book early as places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
Where a course fee is applicable, an invoice will be sent to the billing address given on the application form.
Cancellation and non-attendance policy
Cancellation 14 days or more before the course date
All cancellations must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the delegate or their manager/deputy. No telephone cancellations will be accepted. There is no charge for cancellations that meet these requirements.
Cancellation less than 14 days before the course date
Email notification must be sent to email@example.com by the delegate, their line manager/deputy stating the reason. A charge of £50.00 per person will be incurred unless there are exceptional unforeseen circumstances as detailed below.
Substitutions from the same workplace are accepted and will not be charged for as long as the names on the register are amended to reflect this on the day.
Transferring to a later course
Requests to transfer to a later course date made 14 days or more before the course date will be accepted with no charge. Any delegate who wishes to transfer to a later date but sends email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org less than 14 days before the course will be charged £50.00 per day for the cancelled date.
Should we be able to fill your place, we hold the discretion to waive any of the charges if we are able to do so.
Non-attendance on the day
All non-attendance will be charged at £50.00 per course as standard. Exemptions will be considered on a discretionary case by case basis where there are exceptional unforeseen circumstances as detailed below.
If course attendance is not possible due to unforeseen circumstances, email notification from the delegate or their line manager or deputy must be sent to email@example.com and consideration will be given to the waiver of the charge. This is at the discretion of Learning and Development.
For guidance, charges will be made where there is non-attendance due to:
- Other work pressures
- Annual leave bookings
- Course booked in error
- Delegate forgot or went to the wrong location.
The service reserves the right to refuse admittance to accredited courses should the participant arrive late.
All individuals who have attended training on our programme may request a copy of their training history. Schools are able to request data on whole school training if required. Contact us directly to request training history and records.
Standards of service
The service holds the Matrix Quality Standard for the provision of information, advice and guidance for learning and work. The standard recognises organisations who work within the following quality assurance standards:
- Effective forward planning, goal setting, progress measures and use of resources.
- Meeting clients’ needs and ensuring consistency through the employment of competent and appropriately qualified staff, efficient and prompt administrative procedures and high standards of facilities and accommodation.
- Improving retention, achievement and progression rates on courses.
- Evaluating performance and identifying ways to continually improve and develop programmes through representative groups such as development governor forum, Continued Professional Development (CPD) leaders’ meetings and observations of training programmes.
The Learning and Development service is also a registered City & Guilds Centre.