Standing Advisory Council for Religious Education
Details of meetings from 9 June 2021 onwards are available on Modern Gov.
The Role of Standing Advisory Council for Religious Education (SACRE)
SACRE advises the council in matters about the teaching of Religious Education and Collective Acts of Worship. It also has a monitoring role in this subject. It decides on applications for determinations of cases in which requirements for Christian collective worship is not to apply. It can also require the council to review its agreed syllabus and is required to publish an annual report of its work.
SACRE should reflect broadly the proportionate strength of religions or denominations in the area.
Select the links below to view the current minutes from IW SACRE:
- 14.11.2019 minutes (PDF, 0.2MB, 5 pages)
- 07.07.2020 minutes (PDF, 0.2MB, 4 pages)
- 05.11.2020 minutes (PDF, 0.2MB, 3 pages).
SACRE action plan
- Action plan 2018 to 2020 (PDF, 0.1MB, 4 pages).
SACRE annual report
- Annual report 2020 to 2021 (PDF, 0.2MB, 14 pages).
- View the current list of SACRE members (PDF, 86.7KB, 1 page).
- View the 2012 SACRE constitution (PDF, 89KB, 6 page).
- View the Draft 2017 SACRE constitution (PDF, 0.1MB, 6 pages).
- View the IOW Determinations Document (PDF, 0.2MB, 3 page).
IW agreed syllabus
- View the current Isle of Wight Agreed Syllabus (PDF, 5.3MB, 132 pages).
- View the 2016 minutes (PDF, 84.5KB, 2 pages).
- View the 2020 draft minutes (PDF, 89.7KB, 2 pages).
Joint SACRE and South Central SACRE Hub
- Terms of reference (PDF, 91.2KB, 1 page).