Secondary School Sept 2020
The school admissions round will open on Monday 9th September 2019. To apply for a school place online please click here.
This online application form is open to children who are currently in Year 6 who are due to transfer to secondary school in September 2020.
The closing date for secondary school applications is midnight on Thursday 31 October 2019 and after this date the online application form will be closed. If you are unable to apply online you can request an application form from School Admissions and Transport by clicking on the 'contact' tab at the top of this page for details. You can also download an application form here. (PDF, 80KB, 2 pages)
Before completing your application we recommend you read our Educating your Child booklet. (PDF, 769KB, 41 pages) This will provide you with further information on the admissions process.
A number of secondary schools have reduced their Published Admissions Number (PAN) for their September 2020 Intake. We strongly recommend that you consider using all the preferences available to you when making your application. If you are unsuccessful in gaining a place at your preferred school(s), you will be allocated a place at the nearest school with space, which could be some distance away. It is important therefore that you choose your preferences wisely. Please note that naming the same school more than once will not increase your chances of being offered a place at that school. You can log on to your online account and update your application at anytime up until midnight on the Thursday 31 October 2019, please ensure that you press submit again on the last page of the application.
Once you have set up an account and started or submitted your application, you will be able to log in and view or amend your application at any time. Once you have submitted your application you will receive an email, please check that you receive this. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 24 hours please contact us using the contact tab above. Leading up to the closing date emails will be sent out to remind parents/guardians to submit the online application that has been started, if you receive these please do not ignore them, as although you will have received a submit email, if you inadvertently unsubmit when reviewing your application you do not receive an email to inform you of this. If you do receive this email you can either log in to your account and check or contact School Admissions to check for you.
The online application process will close at midnight on Thursday 31 October 2019.
If you would like your child to attend Christ the King College or The Island Free School you must also complete their Supplementary Information Form. The Supplementary Information Form for Christ the King College can be downloaded below or you can obtain a copy direct from the College on their Open Evening, you can complete The Island Free School form on their website (link below). Once completed the Supplementary Information Form must be returned direct to the College/School by the time stated in their admissions policy on Thursday 31 October 2019. If you do not complete both the Local Authority application form and the Supplementary Information Form, your application will be incomplete and will be processed by Christ the King College and The Island Free School after those who have completed both application forms.
Postal Application Process
- You can download an application form (PDF, 81KB, 2 pages).
- Print and complete the form.
- When the form has been completed please return the form to: School Admissions and Transport, County Hall, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1UD
- If you cannot download the application form to complete you can request a paper application form from the School Admissions and Transport service by using the details found in the contact tab above.
Additional information for Christ the King College or The Island Free School applications
- If you would like your child to attend Christ the King College or The Island Free School you must also complete their supplementary information form.
- The supplementary information form for Christ the King College can be downloaded below or you can obtain a copy direct from the College on their Open Evening.
- The supplementary information form for Island Free School form is available on their website (link provided below).
- Once completed the supplementary information form must be returned direct to the College/School. Please note that all supplementary information forms received after the closing date are considered as 'Late' and will be processed after those that were received by the closing date of Thursday 31 October 2019.
- Please ensure you have completed and submitted BOTH the Local Authority Application Form and the School Supplementary Information Form, if you do not complete and submit both forms then your application will not be processed until after those who have.
Application Closing Date
- The closing date for secondary school applications is midnight on Thursday 31 October 2019.
- Please note: all applications and changes received after the closing date will be considered as 'Late' and they will be processed after the applications that were received by the published closing date.
National Offer Day
- National Offer Day is the day parents will be notified by the School Admissions and Transport team with an offer of a place at a secondary school.
- National Offer Day for Secondary school places is Monday 2 March 2020. Emails will be sent to those who applied online and letters will be posted 2nd class to all students due to transfer to secondary school in September 2020, unless we have been informed they will be educated at home or private school. Please be aware School Admissions are not able to confirm the child's allocated secondary school by phone.
- School Admissions are not able to confirm the child's allocated secondary school by telephone.
- Following the admissions consultation, it was approved on 8 April 2014 that priority areas were removed and that parents are able to apply for a place at the nearest secondary school to their home address. If you are unsure of your child’s nearest secondary school, you can search for the secondary school nearest to your home address by viewing the map .
- The Home to School Transport Policy has been reviewed. The policy which came into effect from September 2015 can be viewed and downloaded here. (PDF, 243KB, 13 pages)
- View and download the September 2020 Secondary School Timetable (PDF, 34KB, 1 page)
- View and download the Location of Secondary Schools Map (PDF, 39KB, 1 page)
- The last date that applications or changes to existing applications can be made prior to National Offer Day Friday 14 February 2020. The system will then close down to enable the process for the allocation of secondary school places to take place. The system will reopen on Wednesday 4 March 2020 and all new applications or changes to details on original applications will be processed from this date. Any changes to existing applications must be received in writing.
September 2020 Admissions Policies
All Through School Years 0 - 11:
The Island Free School: