School Records

Frequently Asked Questions for this Service

Question: Who can access my child/ren’s school records?

Answer: All persons with parental responsibility or care of a child have a legal right of access to educational records.

A person has care if the child lives with him or her.

If you wish to see your child’s records you should write to the Headteacher of the school that they are attending.
- Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?

Question: How do I get copies of my exam results/certificates?

Answer: The Local Authority (LA) is not required to keep records of examination results/certificates. You will need to approach the examination board whose exams you sat. If you do not know which Examination Board/s you took your examinations with, then you need to contact your old school/college, who should be able to give you this information. Make sure you tell them which Year you sat the examination, as the Examination Boards used can vary from year to year. After you have obtained this information, then you can find the contact details for the Boards to make your request. There is usually a fee for supplying duplicate certificates.
The National Consortium for Examination Results also has a useful website - this gives details on how to get copies of results/certificates.

Has this FAQ answered your query?