Housing Renewal

Flooding Advice

The Council can no longer provide Grant Assistance for Flood Resilience or Resistance measures.

The Environment Agency have provided advice for the public regarding planning for flooding before it happens, what to do during a flood and how to recover after a flood, and their advice booklet can be viewed online by clicking here.

There is also a joint government and insurance industry initiative called Flood re, which enables affordable insurance for qualifying properties that are at risk of flooding or have been flooded.  To find out more, please take a look at their information leaflet by clicking here (PDF, 161.78KB, 2 pages).