Adult Social Care - Services


By Law as a Local Authority, we must assess anyone who appears to require care and support, regardless of their likely eligibility. This is covered in Section 9 of the Care Act 2014.

We will assess you against the Care Act outcomes:

  • managing and maintaining nutrition
  • maintaining personal hygiene
  • managing toilet needs
  • being appropriately clothed
  • being able to make use of the adult’s home safely
  • maintaining a habitable home environment
  • developing and maintaining family or other personal relationships
  • accessing and engaging in work, training, education or volunteering
  • making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community including public transport and recreational facilities or services
  • carrying out any caring responsibilities for a child


If you have needs in 2 or more outcomes, we will look at how this affects your wellbeing. Wellbeing is the way that a person feels about and experiences their life.
Wellbeing covers a lot of different areas, including:

  • personal dignity
  • physical and mental health and emotional wellbeing
  • protection from abuse and neglect
  • personal control over your day-to-day life
  • participation in work, education, training or recreation
  • social and economic wellbeing
  • domestic, family and personal relationships
  • suitability of living accommodation
  • your contribution to society


We will identify:

  • Which of your needs are eligible for care and support
  • What help and support is available to you


Assessments can take place face-to-face in your own home or over the phone.