Adult Services Complaints


If you disagree with a decision made about your assessment of adult social care needs, or finances, or a decision about your Independence Plan, you can make an appeal.

To make an Appeal

  • Please download and complete the appeal form  (PDF 105KB, 2 pages).
  • The completed form must be sent it to us within 10 working days of your signed agreed assessment. 
  • The form contains details on the appeal process and tells you how we will deal with your appeal. 
  • Please send your completed form to: ASC Complaints and Appeals Officer, FREEPOST RTGE-TBEC-BYAY, Isle of Wight Council, Floor 2, County Hall, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1UD


If you feel you may require advocacy support to make your appeal, we will talk to you about how best to access this support from an independent agency, if it is appropriate to your needs. A friend, relative, carer or support worker can also help you to make your appeal.